Friday, April 1, 2011

Sunny Garden Collage....

Today I want to share with you a collage I made last week to celebrate spring.  I used the beautiful Sunny Garden designer series paper for this collage.  I'll tell you right off the bat that my friend Regina Andari made the first one of these and inspired me (mostly different rectangles).  She hasn't posted hers on her blog, or I'd give you the link to it.  Regina has made several these collages--one at Christmas, one last spring, and this one.  They are all beautiful!  So I had to give it a go!

I had so much fun working on this one and it really went together fast.  The frame itself is 8"x10" and you can purchase one locally at any store.  I removed the glass so my artwork could stand out where I used dimensionals.  The hardest thing is to decide what you want on each rectangle.  My rectangles are 2-1/2" x 3-1/8" for the cardstock and the designer paper on that is 1/8" smaller. 

OK, let's look at the rows individually.  Here is the top row.
If you are familiar with Stampin' Up! products, you will know what I used on each rectangle.  The first rectangle on the left uses the Fun Flowers die.  The center used the Two-Step Bird and the right uses the Designer Label punch, the Photo Corners punch, and the Modern Label punch.

Here is the center row:
On this one, I used the Jewelry Tag punch and my Naturally Serif die for the letters on the left rectangle.  The center one uses the Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch and the Butterfly punch.  The right rectangle used the Pinking Hearts Corner punch, the Heart Punch,  and the large oval punch.

Here is the bottom row:
For this one, I used the flowers on the Blossom Party Die on the left rectangle.  The other two rectangles use the Two-Step Bird punch and the Scallop Oval punch to make the little chicks.  The punches for ENJOY are the Scallop Oval, the Large Oval, and the Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch.  I also used the Scallop Edge Border punch on the right rectangle.

I hope you like the collage.  I'm glad I finally made one!  I think it just LOOKS like spring.
                                              
Big thanks to Regina for inspiring me!!!  And thanks to you for visiting my blog. Come back soon!!
Smiles, Laura

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, Laura! So many fabulous details, it takes time to absorb them all! I do have to say that the chick is just adorable! LOVE the entire collage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, this is a gorgeous project. Love every panel of it. Looks like something right out of a magazine. Great job on this! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, love the chicks and this fantastic famed piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is cute and so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, this is fantastic!!! You're so creative. I love it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great project...following you from stampin' connection...great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, this is truly a work of art and deserves being in a frame!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply stunning!!!
    Thank you for sharing your fantabulous work.
    Stay well,
    AnnMarie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It absolutely looks like spring - this is SO inspiring!! I'm going to wait for the new catalog to see if new papers come out in the colors of my stamp studio. If not...off to Hobby Lobby I go! I am totally making one of these for my room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty! this will be on my inspiration blog post tomorrow. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow very nice, beautiful you have inspired me to make a collage frame. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.